Things to Click Through With Some Spare Time

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Zuppa Tuscana in the Crock Pot

So this is supposed to my one of those creamy milky soups, but I forgot to add the milk, so, well, yeah. That being said, we loved it.  I wouldn't add the milk since I didn't think it lacked for anything, and we kinda don't really drink cow milk anyway.  Almond milk in this sounds, well, repulsive.  SO, the original recipe is a little different than the one I did.  It froze well, and made a ton.

This is a new idea for me to do this so I didn't take pics.  I'll get one next time I make this.

The original recipe can be found at "Get Crocked".

But this is what I did...

The Ingredients:

1 Lb Italian sausage (we got it a little spicy)
2 large Russet potatoes - MUST be from Idaho or it's a travesty - in 1/4 in clunks
1 large onion, chopped
1/4 c bacon bits (optional, but, really?)
2 minced garlic cloves
2 c kale or 2 c Swiss chard, roughly chopped but be mindful of the size of your eating hole
16 oz chicken broth
1 quart water

The Labor:

Brown the sausage.

Put browned sausage, broth, water, garlic, potatoes, and onion in slower cooker.

Cover.  Cook on high 3-4 hours, or low 6-8 hours, or until potatoes are soft.

Optional - use a potato masher to change the texture if'n ya want it less "brothy".

Turn off the crock pot and add the kale.

Let it sit for 5 minutes.

Serve.

Last little legal tidbit:  This is for my personal use.  I don't claim nor advertise ownership of this recipe.  Please go to the original post for that, linked above.  If you take issue with this post at all, please let me know and I'll gladly remove it.  *whew* 



No comments:

Post a Comment