Things to Click Through With Some Spare Time

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Ranch Chicken Strips

I had some of those pre-cut chicken strips for some reason. They must have been on sale.  So, obviously, baked chicken strips were the answer.  Easy, crazy tasty.  Will do again.

The original recipe is from blogchef.  I didn't have Corn Flakes (we don't eat cold cereal) and I accidentally bought the spicy Hidden Valley Ranch packet instead of regular.

The Ingredients:

8 boneless chicken boobs (sliced into strips)
1 c bread crumbs
3/4 c grated parm cheese
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t pepper
1 packet ranch dressing mix (I used the spicy kind)
1 egg
(It's now supposed to say "1 c milk" but I didn't have any so just skipped it.  Plus we don't use cow milk and not sure almond milk would taste right.  Skipping it was fine.  The bread crumbs still stuck well.)

The Labor:

Pre-heat to 350.

You can grease a 13x9 baking dish, I used parchment paper on a cookie sheet.

Combine all the dry stuff together (bread crumbs, cheese, garlic powder, pepper, ranch mix).

Beat the egg in a bowl

Dip strips into egg, then coat in the dry stuff and place on cookie sheet.

Bake for about 30 minutes.

Last little legal tidbit:  This is for my personal use.  I don't claim nor advertise ownership of this recipe.  Please go to the original post for that, linked above.  If you take issue with this post at all, please let me know and I'll gladly remove it.  *whew* 

No comments:

Post a Comment