Things to Click Through With Some Spare Time

Friday, December 30, 2011

My Year In Review

This year has been one I never ever in my life expected. I never thought I would get married. Not because of any problem with ME, but how can one possibly like someone well enough that you want to be around them every day for a long time? I usually got bored in about 6 weeks (or stuck it out WAY longer than I should have). Yet...

Last year at this time I was engaged. So much for boredom or
disbelief in marriage, eh? But seriously, Aaron is just so friggin' good looking. And smart. And funny. I'll spare you the gushy crap.

Here's a quick review of the year...

January - no idea what happened...
February - Aaron turned 40! We had and a great time in Jackpot. For Valentine's Day Aaron and I made braised pork shoulder with chimichuri sauce. Made us both sick again. Like it did last year. But it's so GOOD! Maybe we've learned, or maybe this is part of our tradition.
March - I met Ericka for the first time when she came for spring break. And she got to meet her brother, Justin, for the first time. AMAZING.
April - I turned 36. I think I told someone yesterday I'm 35. Hmmm...
May - Bridal shower! My 2 best friends, Chelsea and Jen came up to celebrate. Grandma gave me slutty unders. Good times.
June - Big one, I'd say. Wedding, elephant ride, becoming a step-mom. Seriously...I won't take up a ton of room. Too much to say. I can show you the photos. Come by for coffee and I'll gloat about it all. I hyphenated my name. Stupid decision. Dropping "Thomas" next summer.
July - Honeymoon! Glacier National Park, Spokane historic hotel, Olympic peninsula. Managed to see a former student in the rainforest in WA on the last day, shocking Aaron and reiterating for him that no matter where we go, there will be someone I know.
August - Back to school.
September - no idea.
October - Quick trip to Washington D.C. for Jen's baby shower. Then late that month, Kate Sampson came into the world! YAY! Had an incredible time with incredible women and
my best friend. Susan and I rocked it with our Dr. Seuss and Cat in the Hat costumes. Friends over for Halloween meant 3 of us dressed as yard gnomes - which terrify Aaron.
November - Aaron and I went to Michigan and I got to meet my in-laws and new family. A blast was had by all! I WILL learn to make cannoles!!
December - My first Christmas tree, and my best Christmas ever.

It will be an adventure to see what next year brings. Happy new year, all!

1 comment:

  1. It was a HUGE year!! And I am so happy that I/we got to celebrate with you!! Ok, so I have *subscribed* to you - big step for the girl who isn't even 100% sure what a blog is - but I only found this new post by coming to your page. Does my subscription come with alerts or breakfast in bed?

    -xoxoxox---

    ReplyDelete